Tobias worked with HINT for over 3 months from November 2007 to February 2008. He holds an M.Sc in Electrical Engineering and is also a specialist in computer hardware maintenance and networking, with additional knowledge in software and computer administration. Tobias’s IT contribution to HINT has been very huge and transformational. His major achievements were:
- Setup of a server with backup and a router with a decent firewall (blocking file sharing traffic)
- Migrating to Open Source Software – Linux and enabling dual boot
- Switching our timing software to Outkafe – Open Source
- Redistribution of UPSes to computers
- Arranging Ethernet Cables in an easier order
- Writing documentation to ease understanding of his set up at HINT and to enable easier set up of other Open Source IT Centres
Right now, while back home in Switzerland, Tobias still provides technical support through email and remote access/login to our servers.
Tobias, we cannot than you enough for your tireless support tot HINT. We are very grateful.
To contact Tobias by email: Tobias Blaser