Here is a list of sample volunteer opportunities. This is not a complete list. As a community Development NGO, we work in a variety of domains and can help design a program that meets your skills and training so that you make the most of your time while workingt with us. Simply let us know what you are intested in:
- Teach Computer Education to students at one of our partner Schools or train IT Instructors for these schools
- Write funding proposals for some of our projects and help with fundraising.
- Organize fundraising activities for our projects including contacting and following up donors. This can be excellent for online volunteers who do not or cannot leave their home countries to Cameroon.
- Coordinate shipment of computers and other equipment such as medical suppliers and the distribution and installation in schools and community centers.
- Teach Computer Basics (MS Window, Internet, Emailing, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint) at one of our partner scholls in Buea or at our Community IT Centres
- Teach Web Design or Networking, or Computer repairs and maintenance, Desktop publishing or Photo Editing to about 10 students in class for 3 hours a day.
- Serve at our Community IT Training Centre as Office Secretary, Cyber attendant, IT Instructor or IT Technician.
- Run HIV/AIDS sensitization seminars in schools, prisons and at Community Groups, etc
- Train HIV/AIDS Educators at our Centre, in schools, prisons, at Community Groups, etc
- Participate in a medical outreach as part of a team.
- Train young social entrepreneurs in basic business set up and management skills.
- Identify needy orphans especially those orphaned by AIDS in targeted communities for subsequent support.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.