We are pleased to finally see you here. Thanks for coming and giving of yourself tot help make a difference in people’s lives in our community. We hope you enjoy every single day of your volunteering experience.
Sabrina has come in from the UK and will join local nurses in conducting a number of medical outreaches and training Community Health Educators who will go and help educate their “worlds”. We believe each one has a ‘world’ they can influence and it consists of the people you can reach and influence.
The program begins on June 10 with a 3-day Seminar to Train Health Educators on HIV. The Health Educators will be equipped with information to enable them educate their communities, families and the social groups to which they belong.
Following will be a 2-week outreach to freely screen the population of diabetes and hypertension. Services will be free, admission will be free and there will be free distribution of essential medicine. The first week is planned to take place at Bonduma village in Buea and the second week will take place in a Banana plantation camp in Muyuka.
Our budget for the entire program is CFA 1,462,250 (US$ 2,788.642). We need your help.
Here are some of our needs:
- MONEY. Yes, we do need financial support please.
- 10 Diabetes Testing Machines (Accu-Cheek (Aviva), Onetouch Ultra, BREEZE)
- 800 test Strips
- 4 Packets of Gloves.
- 5 Packets of cottons
- Needles for collection of blood for diabetes test.
- Health Information leaflets (2000 copies)
- Transport and food money for facilitators and volunteers.
- For Hypertension, we need BP Machines (GIMA OR VISOCOR)
- Training Manuals.
- Projector and Computer.
- Food and Transport for Participants.
- Snacks for Presenters.
- 3 boxes of Paracetamol 500mg
- 3 boxes of Mebendazole
- 2 boxes of Metronidazole 250mg
- 3 boxes of Contrimoxazole 480mg
- 3 boxes of Ibuprofin tablet 400mg
- 2 cups of Vit B –Complex
- 2 boxes Coartem tablet
If you can support financially or provide some of these material, please contact us. Thank you to all of you that have already supported Sabrina/us in this project. GBP 620 have been donated already.