[simage=811,288,y,right]HIV/AIDS in Cameroon in 2005
- Adults aged 15-49 with HIV/AIDS = 470,000
- New HIV infections, 2006 and Adult HIV prevalence (%) = 5.4
- Women age 15-49 with HIV/AIDS = 290,000
- Children with HIV/AIDS = 43,000
- AIDS orphans (ages 0-17) = 240,000
- AIDS deaths = 46,000
Part of our mission at HINT is to contribute to the global fight against HIV/AIDS. In this regard, Heather Talbot a volunteer from England ran her first “Training of Trainers Workshop” from Jan 15-18, 2007 with about 17 participants. The trainees represent different groups of people in the society and the idea is to help them run HIV sensitisation seminars and campaigns among their own people. It costs us about US$ 400 to run a seminar for 25 educators and covers food, transportation, manuals, related material… Consider supporting these seminars. Her next seminar comes up from March 5-7 2007.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.