It took so long, it took so many people working together but we are happy that finally the lab was completed and handed over to the school.
Summerset Bilingual College with about 800 students and nearly 20 staff, now has access to computers to help both students and teachers alike learn better.
The total cost of the lab was XAF 2,252,400.
The School paid 40% = 1,099,860 and HINT with support made available by its volunteers provided the remaining 60% = XAF 1,152,540 as a grant to the school.
We would like to sincerely thank all those that are working together to make this possible, especially the following organisations:
- Develop Africa Inc, USA (Provided funding and volunteers)
- Computers 4 Africa, UK (Provided Computers and accessories)
- Digital Links, UK (Provided Computers)
The following volunteers also contributed not just money to make this lab possible but also their time, skills and expertise:
- Brandon Turner
- Robert Alois Jr
- Eric Zan
- Kristi Zan
- Amber Shevin
- Andro Mandakovic
Thank you for making this possible.
Here are sample photos. For all photos go to this online album: Summerset Lab.